This is a blog of a garden developing from a patch of grass to a wildlife haven. You can watch the garden grow with me and learn of interesting occurences! I have been creating a garden with wildlife in mind, and I hope to encourage people to welcome wildlife back into their gardens too. If you don't have a garden, this blog can be your garden, and you may learn of things you can do to help wildlife anyway!

I am, of course, only a begginer at gardening, but I hope to learn as I go along. I will add any useful information I collect to the blog as and when I discover it.

Wednesday 30 April 2008

Gold finch


I have only seen a goldfinch recently. I noticed it because I heard a birdsong that I didn’t recognise. I looked up into the tree and there it was, but only for a few seconds. It wasn’t quite on my side of the fence so it didn’t technically visit the garden. I saw one again later on in the trees behind the housing estate, which is where it was when I photographed it from the house. That’s why the picture isn’t too good – it was quite far away!

2 comments:

Ruth said...

You'll probably be overrun with them when the word gets out about that niger seed!

Anonymous said...

Oh, love these bird updates and photos. Nice for me to see a blackbird, as we don't have them in the US but as a fan of Brit lit they are always mentioned. Look forward to watching your garden take shape.

Salaams