This is a blog of a garden developing from a patch of grass to a wildlife haven. You can watch the garden grow with me and learn of interesting occurences! I have been creating a garden with wildlife in mind, and I hope to encourage people to welcome wildlife back into their gardens too. If you don't have a garden, this blog can be your garden, and you may learn of things you can do to help wildlife anyway!

I am, of course, only a begginer at gardening, but I hope to learn as I go along. I will add any useful information I collect to the blog as and when I discover it.

Friday 18 April 2008

Hooray! We have tenants!


Today I saw the bluetits again, and they had nest material. They are moving in! First, one went in with her strand of grass while the other waited. I was grabbing the camera! I caught the other as he was going in with his strand of grass. The other is in the tree waiting and there is a dunnock sitting on the fence and looking on. I caught him again as he was leaving, just as he was taking flight! The other is still waiting impatiently in the tree and the dunnock has begun to sing. Click on the pictures to get a better view!

I have collected some sheep's wool from wire fences and pushed it into a mesh bird feeder. I wonder if they'll use that too?

1 comment:

Ruth said...

This is really exciting - your garden is becoming a haven for wildlife already!