This is a blog of a garden developing from a patch of grass to a wildlife haven. You can watch the garden grow with me and learn of interesting occurences! I have been creating a garden with wildlife in mind, and I hope to encourage people to welcome wildlife back into their gardens too. If you don't have a garden, this blog can be your garden, and you may learn of things you can do to help wildlife anyway!

I am, of course, only a begginer at gardening, but I hope to learn as I go along. I will add any useful information I collect to the blog as and when I discover it.

Wednesday 30 April 2008

Interesting Snippet no.1


The fern I planted in the logs of the banking has started to unfurl! When I first planted it, it was hibernating and looked dead, but now it is happy in its new home and is stretching out to the sunlight!

Ferns are one of the most ancient plants on the planet. They were growing when the dinosaurs
were around and evolved before grass.

1 comment:

Ruth said...

My fern, who is the mother plant of Manda's, is still in shock at being divided in half. But yesterday I noticed that she is showing green shoots at last. They are still tightly curled.