This is a blog of a garden developing from a patch of grass to a wildlife haven. You can watch the garden grow with me and learn of interesting occurences! I have been creating a garden with wildlife in mind, and I hope to encourage people to welcome wildlife back into their gardens too. If you don't have a garden, this blog can be your garden, and you may learn of things you can do to help wildlife anyway!

I am, of course, only a begginer at gardening, but I hope to learn as I go along. I will add any useful information I collect to the blog as and when I discover it.

Wednesday 30 April 2008

The garden has been rearranged

I had some new plants to put into the bed and they didn’t look like they were going to fit so I decided to shuffle things round a bit. I ended up moving quite a few plants and also three of the baby trees. I hope I haven’t moved them too late into their growing season and they are still alright… They seem to be okay so far, but when I compare them to other trees of the same species they seem to be miles behind… Hopefully they just had a rest after being moved or were concentrating on putting new roots down. Here are some photos of the garden as it is now. Things are starting to grow!




1 comment:

Ruth said...

It's so exciting this time of year, watching things starting to grow. I've been planting borage and marigolds - calendula officianalis - the proper herbalists' marigold.