This is a blog of a garden developing from a patch of grass to a wildlife haven. You can watch the garden grow with me and learn of interesting occurences! I have been creating a garden with wildlife in mind, and I hope to encourage people to welcome wildlife back into their gardens too. If you don't have a garden, this blog can be your garden, and you may learn of things you can do to help wildlife anyway!

I am, of course, only a begginer at gardening, but I hope to learn as I go along. I will add any useful information I collect to the blog as and when I discover it.

Thursday 1 May 2008

Goose

No pictures of these I’m afraid. I’ve only seen them twice, early in the month. Once they were flying overhead, on the way to somewhere else. The other time they were flying north, high up in formation. Geese travel together in a V formation, with the goose at the front doing all the hard work and the others flying in their slipstream. (Don’t worry; they do swap round when the front one gets tired!)

No comments: