This is a blog of a garden developing from a patch of grass to a wildlife haven. You can watch the garden grow with me and learn of interesting occurences! I have been creating a garden with wildlife in mind, and I hope to encourage people to welcome wildlife back into their gardens too. If you don't have a garden, this blog can be your garden, and you may learn of things you can do to help wildlife anyway!

I am, of course, only a begginer at gardening, but I hope to learn as I go along. I will add any useful information I collect to the blog as and when I discover it.

Friday 9 May 2008

Skylark

Because we live quite near open grassland, we are lucky to often hear the beaufiful song of the skylark in the distance and occasionally a bit closer. They sing in a sort of hovery flight above the grassland, which is where they nest. You may have heard them above you if you have been walking in the sorts of areas they like.

1 comment:

Ruth said...

They used to nest behind our house, but alas no more - too many people walking dogs maybe?