This is a blog of a garden developing from a patch of grass to a wildlife haven. You can watch the garden grow with me and learn of interesting occurences! I have been creating a garden with wildlife in mind, and I hope to encourage people to welcome wildlife back into their gardens too. If you don't have a garden, this blog can be your garden, and you may learn of things you can do to help wildlife anyway!

I am, of course, only a begginer at gardening, but I hope to learn as I go along. I will add any useful information I collect to the blog as and when I discover it.

Friday 9 May 2008

Pheasant – visited garden


I love the pheasant with his bold colours. Unfortunately he's not popular with everybody because he eats things that he shouldn't, like seeds that people are trying to grow, so he gets chased away a lot! This is the male – I am yet to see a female – enjoying himself in our garden. This month he has been making use of our bird-bath by having a drink and has been eating spilled grain from the lawn. I have heard him calling from around and about. I wonder if there is only one nearby or whether he has friends!

1 comment:

Ruth said...

We have a male phesant too and no female - I think the females are more shy.