This is a blog of a garden developing from a patch of grass to a wildlife haven. You can watch the garden grow with me and learn of interesting occurences! I have been creating a garden with wildlife in mind, and I hope to encourage people to welcome wildlife back into their gardens too. If you don't have a garden, this blog can be your garden, and you may learn of things you can do to help wildlife anyway!

I am, of course, only a begginer at gardening, but I hope to learn as I go along. I will add any useful information I collect to the blog as and when I discover it.

Friday 9 May 2008

Interesting Snippet no.2

A bee has been buzzing happily around the grape hyacinths! I think this is a buff tailed bumblebee. Bees like purple flowers, so if you want to help them plant some in your garden! (Or a window-box if you don’t have a garden.)

1 comment:

Gill said...

If you join the bee conservation trust you get a bee recognition chart and a bee badge and seeds of plants that bees love.