This is a blog of a garden developing from a patch of grass to a wildlife haven. You can watch the garden grow with me and learn of interesting occurences! I have been creating a garden with wildlife in mind, and I hope to encourage people to welcome wildlife back into their gardens too. If you don't have a garden, this blog can be your garden, and you may learn of things you can do to help wildlife anyway!

I am, of course, only a begginer at gardening, but I hope to learn as I go along. I will add any useful information I collect to the blog as and when I discover it.

Friday 9 May 2008

Interesting Snippet no.3


My chives are doing well! I just left them in this pot over winter, where they were sown last year. I'd mostly forgotten about them but they were busy growing anyway. Then I noticed they had developed purple flower buds! I can't wait for them to open. I want there to be loads of new chives because I love their oniony taste and like to use them in my cooking!

2 comments:

Ruth said...

They grew wild at the edge of our games field at school and we used to munch them during break!

Karen said...

I was donated one by someone at work whose chive plant had gone mad and overgrown. It is sitting on my window ledge in the kitchen and has a couple of buds on it. I'm not sure it will blossom though as the cat keeps eating it!